Of all the nightstand accoutrements you might keep handy for intimate moments, lubes are often the most misunderstood. Flavoured condoms, toys and the likes serve their various stimulative purposes pre or during sex, but lubes often fall under the grey area and more often than not, people see it as a solution to a problem.
Rather than being advertised as a means of heightened pleasure, it’s a product that’s recommended as a compensation for vaginal dryness.
But guess what? The reality is that lubes can heighten your sexual experiences and it’s amazing for everyone.
What Is Lube & Why Use It?
Lube is exactly what it sounds like: A gel-based substance that creates lubrication to decrease friction and can be used during penetrative sex, hand jobs, oral sex and even with toys. Anyone can use lube.
If you’re facing vaginal dryness, keeping a bottle of lube handy might help. Not just that, lubes are always cited as a must-have product for anal sex. Since the anus doesn’t naturally produce lubrication, lubes come highly recommended as they’ll help prevent rips or tears in the skin, bleeding and even rectal pain.
Additionally, if you’re engaging in any kind of sexual play for a longer duration, it would be a good time to reapply lube whenever you start to experience friction.
Different Kinds Of Lubes
If you have sensitive skin, look for a lube with fewer ingredients, one that is less likely to have additives, glycerin or parabens that might cause an unwanted reaction. Also, whenever you buy a bottle of lube, don’t forget to do a patch test on your arm first, before applying it on your genitals, to ensure that it does’nt cause any redness or itching sensation.
If you’re just starting out, opt for a water-based lube as it’s a great one to start with–it washes off easier than other lubes, doesn’t stain and is safe to use with any kind of sex toys.
Compared to water-based ones, silicone-based lubes have a more slippery feel—which some might consider to be a more luxurious sensation. They also feel a tad bit thicker and last much longer, making them a fabulous option for anal play.
If you’re looking for a lube that works well for external plays-like a genital massage or oral sex, you might want to conisder oil-based lubes. They can be considered for sexual activities too, but be careful as it can break down latex.
Sex Tips for a sex-happy married life
They say sex takes a backseat a few years into the marriage. But if you continue coming up with ideas to spice things up under the sheets, you can turn things around. So get ready to turn up the heat as we help you with tips for a sex-happy married life.
1. Simple acts like stroking his arm while you’re watching TV, or fondling his thigh during dinner are also ways to bond.
2. Touching your partner triggers your feel-good hormones, which reinforces your affection and makes you feel closer on an instinctive level
3. Being pals with your man is great in theory. But it actually can kill your sex life as you may behave like friends always
4. To strengthen your bond, approach your lust life as you would your gym regimen or your diet — make it part of your routine
5. It’s important that you get a break from the daily grind and spend alone time as a couple — cell phones and the Internet are off-limits
6. Don’t wait for a special occasion to give small presents to show your love. Gifts are more fun-and meaningful when they’re not expected
7. Stroke his arm as you’re talking. Skin-to-skin contact sparks the release of oxytocin, the connection hormone
8. When you’re parting, catch his gaze and coyly linger there for a few seconds. He’ll surely think about until you’re together again
9. Denial can be sexy too. Go for a week without having sex. But tease your partner as often as you can
10. It’s time to bare it all! Go skinny dipping if you can and up the ante a notch or two higher. A private pool is a great place to start
11. If you’re enjoying the act, make noises to let him know. This will arouse your partner further and the sex will be better
12. Keep your eyes open while he penetrates you to show him how much you are enjoying it. This will heighten pleasure for both
13. Anal sex can be painful. If you feel pain and don’t enjoy it, say so. You don’t have to indulge in a sex act to satisfy your partner
14. Take a little torch, and guide the glow to areas of your body that you want him to lick or rub. Start with your neck, ears and get naughtier.
15. Sometimes one of you is just too burned-out to have the energy for a night of vigorous sex, but you can still lie back and have some fun
16. Excite yourself before the romp with candles, music, wine as you have a better chance of peaking repeatedly, if you are already aroused
17. Squeeze a couple of drops of a lubricant inside the condom. He’ll enjoy the sensation with lube inside the condom while penetrating you
18. Every guy loves a girl who’s a lady on the street and a hooker in bed. So you know what you have to do tonight!
19. Go nude for him tonight; there’s a chance that your guy has never feasted his eyes on your completely bare body for more than a few seconds
20. Take off your clothes slowly before having sex. Letting him stare at you in the buff is a surefire libido trigger
21. Initiate a primal move that fuels his frisky craving. Give him an animalistic challenge by having standing sex
22. Let him hold you up against the wall with your legs wrapped around him. He’ll love the thrill of watching your twins bounce during the act
23. Once a week, make a ‘sex date’ with your boyfriend on Skype, even if you live in the same city. For him, it’s better than porn
24. Before you give oral sex, put honey in your mouth, and drink a little bit of hot tea so the honey melts… then go for it!
25. Keep your heels on during sex! Having sex with socks on kills your libido. But naked with stilettos, it’s the opposite
26. Turn on your boyfriend on by giving him a body massage… with ice cubes
27. Relationships evolve with time, so does the sexual intimacy. If you think your sex life is starting to get boring, try new things
28. Take some sexy fabric with you when you two travel together, and use it to make a normal hotel look like a love motel
29. Steam up your bathroom mirror by standing together in the shower. With the water pouring over your bodies, engage in lots of wet kissing
30. A guy’s prostate — the walnut-size gland under his bladder — is the ultimate magic button to push if you want to blow his mind in bed
31. Part his legs through oral sex or intercourse, rest two fingers against the swath of skin between his testicles and anus. Here he comes!
32. Try the 77 position – your bodies meld together in this side-entry position. The unique angling leads to intense orgasms for both
33. Steam things up at home by moving outside the bedroom and doing it on top of a sturdy table, kitchen counter or bathroom sink
34. Take oral sex to a whole new level by caressing his butt cheeks as you’re going down on him
35. Use food into your passion play. Take your favorite flavor combinations, and mix up yummy treats all over his body
36. Tell him what you want him to do without saying a word. Hold his penis, and when he does something you particularly like, give a squeeze
37. Turn your attention downstairs for some self-stimulation and leave the invitation open for him to take over
38. Tease him; kiss and lick your way down his torso, stopping short of his penis, then give him a smile and work your way back up
39. Tonight, start off with a mmmm, or simply breathe heavily. Then up the erotic ante by whispering, “So…what do you want to do now?”
40. Tell him to keep his hands to himself. You can explore each other’s bodies with your lips, tongues, and breath
41. A little torture builds a man’s anticipation so that when you finally do pounce, every touch is extra delicious
42. A soak in the tub always feels incredible, but the sensual thrills quadruple when you invite your man in for some rub-a-dub action
43. Spark his ego by letting him know you want him sexually. Letting him in on your longing for him will jump-start his own desire
44. Be direct by saying something like “I want to have sex with you.” The straightforward approach displays your extreme sexual confidence
45. Don’t overdo the hygiene bit. Some like it dirty. So get down and dirty now and leave the cleaning up for later, not during the sex
46. Give phone sex a shot. Spice it up by playing out his favourite fantasy in a sexy, sultry voice
47. Foreplay. Foreplay. Foreplay. Don’t jump straight into bed. Kiss, touch, feel, lick and then get into the act
48. Not drinking too much of alcohol and caffeine, sleeping well and exercising regularly could guarantee a better sex life for most people
49. Getting close to your partner is one of the greatest things about sex. Feeling sexually connected is one of the most erotic experiences
50. We’re misled that ‘good’ sex is lots of penetration with g-spot stimulation and huge orgasms. It’s all about how you make love
51. Try cam to cam sex. It’s a great way to show your partner what he’s missing. It is also great for those away from each other
52. Have lazy morning sex. Research reveals people who get it on in early in the day are much happier throughout the day
53. When he enters you on all fours, lie on your stomach. This way he can’t penetrate you too deeply
54. Dig your nails into the underside of his butt cheeks as you perform oral on him— that area is extremely sensitive
55. Take your time over things. Love-making may lead to intercourse or it may not. Make time to caress, massage and enjoy each other’s company
56. Women suffer brewer’s droop too. Alcohol may take away your inhibitions but it can also affect libido and cause a loss of sensation
57. Use condoms, as they are the new sex toys. They make him last longer, and turn you on with their textures or added lubricants
58. Dare to ask for what you want – but not while having sex. Choose a time when you’re both relaxed. Never be critical while you’re having sex
59. Work out and be fit, if you want your man to desire you more than he desires any other woman
60. Praise him for his achievements, even if it’s small. He’ll try harder all the time just to win your praise