Let’s first establish that all bodies, regardless of size, are beautiful. Being slim does not imply being healthy. However, if your belly fat is causing you genuine health problems, the following exercises can help you reduce your belly fat.
Burpees are one of the most effective exercises to burn belly fat. Burpees are loved by most fitness enthusiasts. They can be intense and you may hate them in the beginning but you know how they say, no pain, no gain.
- Stand straight with your arms to your side. Your feet should be shoulder-width apart.
- Now lower down into a squat
- Next, put your palms on the floor and jump softly into a push-up position. Your feet should be back and your palms in front of you.
- Jump back, landing your feet outside your hands
- Quickly jump up, swing, and clap your hands over your head.
- Come back into the squat position and repeat
Pro Tip: This exercise is expected to be down in a quick motion. But as a beginner start slow. A slow start doesn’t mean, a lesser calorie burn, but a better form and prevention from injuries.
A minute in an exam feels like a second, whereas a minute on a plank feels like ten. We understand. However, planks are considered good calorie burners that also enhance strength.
- Place your forearms parallel to each other at shoulder width. They should be aligned with your shoulders.
- Place your toes firmly on the ground.
- Hoist yourself up so that only your forearms and your toes are holding you up.
- Keep your core rigid and suck in your navel towards your spine.
- Make sure you’re parallel to the ground. There shouldn’t be any kind of arches on your back. Your back shouldn’t look like an inward or an outward bow.
Pro Tip: Beginners should hold the position for at least 30 seconds before increasing their time.
Skater lunges improve agility and endurance. A few of these will have you strong and fit in no time.
- Stand with your feet wide apart.
- Now bring your left leg behind your right.
- Lower into a lunge, till your right knee almost touches the floor.
- Come back to the original position and repeat with the opposite leg.
Pro Tip: If you’re a beginner, you can skip the lunge part and just work with putting one leg behind the other and repeating with the opposite leg.
Cardio and Aerobics
Cardiovascular activities are sometimes referred to as cardiovascular training. And, as the name implies, these activities raise your heart rate. Aerobics or cardio exercises increase the oxygen level in your blood and are popular among fitness lovers. Aerobic and cardio exercises are extremely versatile.
They are both low and high intensity, depending on your needs, and the best thing is that you have fun while doing them. Running, swimming, and cycling are the most popular cardio exercises since they burn a lot of calories. However, there are plenty of other options available, our personal favourite being trekking.
Pro Tip: Doing a bit of cardio or Aerobics, especially with some kind of weight helps reduce belly fat easily.
You’ve probably heard about a lot of individuals trying Zumba to lose belly fat. Zumba is a popular aerobic workout that incorporates Latin music and dance. It consists primarily of simple dance routines that facilitate easy burning throughout the body. We have numerous Zumba variations coming up these days, including yoga poses, lunges, squats, and more incorporated into the dance for greater training. Many individuals like the workout since it is simple. You’re having so much fun that you don’t realise how much fat you’re burning.
Pro Tip: However, while you’re excited you might be at risk of exerting too much force or practicing in the wrong posture and hurting yourself. So be careful.
High-intensity interval training exercises or HIIT as it is known, are extremely strenuous, explosive, and draining. They are designed to utilise over 80% of the heart’s capability. It cannot be performed constantly over a length of time; rather, it is performed in brief bursts and shorter sets. These exercises leave you weary and gasping, but they also burn the most calories.
Pro Tip: Some HIIT exercises are burpees, planks, jumping jacks, kettle ball swings, etc.
Kettlebell swings for abdominal fat may be unfamiliar to you, but they are a surefire technique to tone your body.
- Stand with the kettlebell between your legs.
- Bend your knees to pick the kettlebell. Bending from your waist will put a strain on your back and cause injuries.
- Swing the kettlebell in between your legs.
- Then go with the momentum and swing the kettlebell out and up towards shoulder height.
- As you swing it, straighten your legs for better grip and posture.
- As the kettle ball swings back, move it in between your legs again while bending your knees.
- Shift your heels and work with your weight to get the perfect momentum and swing.
Pro Tip: If you are new to using kettlebells, practice with a trainer until you get used to the equipment.
A popular exercise for losing belly fat. It’s a fairly easy exercise that increases your strength as it burns belly fat.
- Start by coming into a plank position.
- Now bring your right knee to your chest.
- hold the position for a few seconds and place the foot back. All toes touching the ground
- Repeat with the other leg.
Pro Tip: When you’re speeding up the exercise, you might tend to not land on your feet properly. Not doing so might cause injuries. So focus on the form more than the speed.
The most effective technique to burn abdominal fat is to perform exercises that especially target the area. Typically, sub-abdominal fat collects in a pouch. Find abdominal fat-burning exercises for optimal results. Planks, mountain climbers, crunches, sit-ups, Russian twists, and leg lifts are examples of abdominal workouts. The easiest approach to determine whether an exercise targets the abdominals is to perform the activity and observe where it burns.
Pro Tip: If your abs get sore, tight, or slightly burning, then the workout is working perfectly.
Walking may appear to be a low-intensity workout with minimal benefits, but this is not the case. There are numerous benefits of walking. Walking not only burns calories, but also helps digestion, oxygenation, and energy levels. And it is one of the easiest forms of physical activity. You need not set out a specific time for it.
Pro Tip: Speed walking works wonders for reducing belly fat. Also, a walk after dinner is necessary for a healthy gut and body.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Q. What Food Makes Your Tummy Flat?
A. Food for reducing belly fat includes anything that is low in calories and trans fats. Mind that fats are necessary for the body and food full of good fats is actually good for a healthy body. Have everything you used to eat, but control the portion. Healthy eating isn’t cutting out stuff, but being more mindful of what you eat.
Q. What Are The Five Foods To Never Eat For A Flat Stomach?
A. Anything with trans fat like chips, fritters samosas, or anything deep-fried is a strict no-no. Moreover, canned foods and processed items have preservatives and are extremely unhealthy both for the belly and the heart. Things with too much sugar or salts like soda and chocolates are to be avoided as well.
Q. What Can I Drink For A Flat Tummy?
A. Some of the most popular drinks that aid in weight loss are green tea, apple cider vinegar water, cucumber-infused water, warm lemon water with ginger, honey, cinnamon drink, and mint juice.